Contest #IV: What will be the main takeaways from having a 60-game, or shorter, season?
Which ONE of the following five submissions, in your view, should be the main takeaway from the shortened season?
- NL Designated Hitter is a good idea that should be permanently adopted.
- Play without fans sucks/Fans matter.
- They should try the runner on second rule in extra innings during the 162 games season but not in the playoffs.
- The 2020 season will forever have an asterisk.
- Spouses of baseball fans will not be as aggravated as usual because the season is shorter.
MillersTime contestants who voted which of the above was the best answer chose #1 – DH a good idea that should be permanently adopted.
Four of you had predicted this would be the the main takeaway.
Winner: Ed Scholl, by virtue of having the earliest submission of this prediction – July 3 at 2:33 PM.
Runners Up: Daniel Fischberg (July 18 – 6:01 PM), Matt-Wax-Krell (July 22 – 2:30 PM) and Chris Ballard (July 23 – 10:43 AM, just 77 minutes before the Contests closed!).
Ed’s Prize is his choice of one of these books – 25 Best Baseball Books of All Time – and a MillersTime Winner T-Shirt, if he doesn’t already have one. Let me know Ed, along with your home address and t-shirt size, if applicable.
Daniel, Matt, and Chris all get T-Shirts. Please send me your T-Shirt size and your home address.
*** *** ***
For those of you who care about important issues:
Assuming COVID-19 issues are under control, 2021 Spring Training begins Sat., Feb. 27 (111 days from now), and the 2021 Regular Season will begin Thursday, April 1 (143 days from now) with all 30 Clubs playing their opening game on this date. And importantly, April 1 will be the date for the closing of the 2021 MillersTime Baseball Contests.