2023 Baseball Contests & Prizes, 2023 Baseball Predictions, baseball, Baseball Contests, MillersTime Baseball Contests
Contest # 1:
What effects will the new MLB baseball rules AND the new scheduling have in 2023? The more specifics you list, assuming they are accurate, the more likely you are to make the top five submissions. Then, I’ll ‘crowd source’ these for all participants to vote for which one wins.
Prize: A copy of Joe Posnanski’s The Baseball 100 or a copy of his new book to be published this year, Why We Love Baseball.
Contest # 2:
Are you a ‘homer’ or not? (a sports fan who is so blinded by their loyalty to their home team that they can’t be objective about the team’s prospects for the coming year).
Choose your favorite team and answer the questions below.
- Name the team.
- What will their season record be in 2023?
- Where will they end up in their Division at the end of the regular season.
- Will they make the 12 team playoffs?
- If so, how far will they go in those playoffs.
- What will be the reasons for how well or poorly they do this year? The more specific you are the better.
Prize: Join me for a Nats’ game in DC, or I’ll try to join you, if possible, for any regular season game elsewhere. In either case, I’ll buy the tickets. You can buy the food and drinks.
Contest # 3:
- Who will be the four teams playing in the League Championship series in 2023?
- What two teams will actually make it to the World Series.
- How many games will the WS go?
- Which team will win the WS?
- What are the reasons that team wins?
Prize: One ticket to the 2024 All Star game or the 2024 World Series.
1. In case of a tie in prdictions, the contestant with the earliest submission will win.
2. You don’t have to enter all three of the contests.
3. Send your predictions to me at Samesty84@gmail.com with as much specificity as you can as I suspect that will be important in choosing winners.
4 MillersTime Winner T-Shirts go along with the prizes mentioned above, for those who have never had the ‘pleasure’ of receiving this unique gift.
5. If you get a friend or foe to enter the Contests, if they win, and if they mention your name, you’ll get a (to-be-determined) prize also.
Deadline for Submissions: Noon (EST) Opening Day, March 30, 2023
*** *** ***
PS – I have a Nats’ half season plan this year (Plan B) with two seats. If you want to join me for a game, let me know. Or, if you have interest in using the two tickets for games I cannot attend., let me know that too.
Land Wayland said:
2. Record 98 wins
6. Pitchers are average…no stars or 20 game winners
Land Wayland said:
Contest #1 and #3: Pass. My ESP is on “pause” today.
Ed Scholl said:
Contest #1: I think the changes will definitely favor hitters and base stealers and I predict a significant increase in stats like league batting average, OBP, and steals. I don’t think much change will occur with home runs, because the shift rule shouldn’t affect those.
5. lack of quality starting pitching and mediocre hitting
1. Yankees, Mets, Astros, Dodgers
2. Yankees and Mets
3. 6 games
5. Breakdown in Yankees starting pitching