Here are the revised Contest questions for the ‘Proposed’ 60-Game Season:
Assuming the 60-game plan generally works, and the 2020 ‘season’ contains at least 45 games, how will your favorite team do?
- Name your team and predict their win-lose record for the 60 games.
- Will they make the playoffs?
- Will they make it to the WS?
- Will they win the WS?
Tie-breaker: Name the three Division winners in the AL & the NL.
Prize: Assuming fans can safely attend games in 2021, join me for a Nats’ game of your choice, or I will join you for a game of your choice anywhere you choose.
True or False Questions:
- The 60 game season will not happen as it is presently scheduled, i.e., the season will be shortened by anywhere between five to 60 games.
- There will be at least one hitter with at least 100 AB who will hit .400 or higher. (Submitted by Zack Haile)
- There will be no starting pitcher who wins 10 games or more.
- No one will hit more than 23 HRs. (Submitted by Rob Higdon)
- At least one team in each league will win 42 or more games?
- One or more games in each of the three Divisions will be played in front of a crowd.
- Only one Division winner will make it to the WS.
- At least one MLB starting pitcher will win 8 games or more without a loss and at least one MLB starting pitcher will lose 8 games or more without a win.
- Over the course of the 60-game season (or even if the season is shortened), the National League will outscore the American League for the first time in the last 45 seasons. (Ron Davis)
- At least one of these teams (Red Sox, Angels, Giants, White Sox) will make it to the postseason. (Chris Boutourline)
Prize: Assuming there is a season next year, bring a friend and join me for a Nats’ game in 2021, or if you’re not able to make it to DC, perhaps I can make it to where you live, and we’ll see a game together.
Assuming there is a World Series,
- Name the two teams who will make it to the WS.
- Which one will win?
- In how many games?
Tie-breaker: Which AL or NL Division will have the most wins?
Which AL or NL Division will have the least wins?
Prize: One ticket to a WS game in 2021, assuming there is a WS.
What will be the main ‘take aways’ from having a 60 game, or shorter, season? (I will ‘crowd source’ what I think are the top five answers, so everyone can partake in deciding who wins this Contest.)
- All winners and those whose questions were chosen for this contest get the ‘one-of-a kind,’ specially designed and updated MillersTime Baseball Winner T-Shirt.
- Enter as many or as few of the contests as you want.
- If you get a friend (or foe) to participate in these contests, and he or she wins and mentions your name in the submission, you’ll get a prize too.
- Any two-generation submission that wins will get a special prize.
- GET YOUR PREDICTIONS IN EARLY. In case of a tie, the individual who submitted his/her prediction first will be the winner.
- Submissions should be sent to me by email: Samesty84@gmail.com
Deadline for Submissions: Opening Day, noon (EST) July 23rd