2018 All Star Game, Aaron Judge, American League, Baseball Contests, Corey Kluer, JD Martinez, Jose Ramirez, Luis Severino, Major League Baseball, Max Scherzer, MillersTime Baseball Contests, MLB, National League
Contest # 2:
Which League will win the All Star Game?
Correct answer: American League. Fifty-eight per cent of you picked the correct answer, 42 had the National League.
Tie-Breakers: Name the first MLB player to hit 30 HRs and the first MLB pitcher to win 12 games.
Jose Ramirez, Indians, first to 30, followed by JD Martinez, Red Sox 29, and Aaron Judge, Yankees, 26.
Luis Severino, Yankees, won his 12th on June 26 (and now has 14), Corey Kluber, Indians, got his 12th on July 2 and Max Scherzer, Nationals, on July 12. (There are others – Curasco, Lester, Nola & Snell – who are at 12 wins but were not picked by any contestants.)
No one chose either Ramirez as first to 30 HRs or Severino as first to 12 wins.
Not so easy to decide:
1. Tim Malieckal on 3/21 had the American League and Judge & Scherzer.
2. Edan Orgad on 3/21 had National League and Judge & Scherzer.
3. Dawn Wilson on 3/21 had National League and Martinez & Kluber.
4. Justin Stoyer on 3/24 had American League and Judge & Scherzer.
5. Brian Steinbach on 3/24 had National League and Judge & Kluber.
6. Brandt & Samantha Tilis on 3/26 had American League League and Judge & Scherzer.
7. Ellen Miller on 3/27 had American League and Martinez & Scherzer.
8. Jere Smith on 3/27 had American League and Martinez & Sale.
9. Tiffany Lopez on 3/29 had American League and Judge & Scherzer.
10. Eli Orgad on 3/29 had American League and Judge & Scherzer.
For not answering the initial question correctly (Which league will win the All Star Game?), Edan Orgad, Dawn Wilson, and Brian Steinbach are eliminated.
For getting assistance from Richard Miller/Grand Papa, Ellen Miller and Eli Orgad are eliminated.
For only getting close on one of the two Tie-Breaker questions, Jere Smith and Tiffany Lopez are eliminated.
Tim Malieckal wins as a result of his being the first (3/21) to chose the American League and Judge & Scherzer. Tim will join me on Sept. 23 for a Nats vs Mets game in DC, four rows behind the Visitors’ dugout. And, of course, he will receive the ever popular and desired MillersTime Baseball Winner T-Shirt.
Justin Stoyer (3/24) and Brandt/Samantha Tilis (3/26) are the runners up, predicting the American League and Judge & Scherzer. They will receive the fabulous T-Shirts.
I would have said Ellen Miller was the winner, if not for your disqualification.