Now that we have to suffer with no beisbol (as my friend Nelson refers to it) until the mid Feb. spring training reporting time, I thought I might offer a small contest for the Hot Stove League participants amongst you.
So here it is:
Predict some occurrence that will happen this winter (e.g., Pujois signing with the Yankees, Tito being chosen as manager of the Cubs, or perhaps Torre going to the Sox as a manager, etc).
You may submit as many predictions as you can conjure up.
As with the 2011 ‘Make a Prediction’ contest, I’ll take the winter predictions that come true and ask MillersTime GoSox followers to vote on which prediction should be chosen as the best, the winner.
Get your prediction to me either by putting it in the Comment section below or by sending it to my email: Samesty84@gmail.com.
Deadline for submission: Dec. 1, 2011.
Prize? I’m open to suggestions there too. But if nothing better is suggested, then the winner can choose a game in any stadium for the 2012 season, and I’ll get him/her two tickets.
PS – Feel free to pass on this contest to a friend, and if he/she enters, mentions your name, and wins, you will too.
* – The old spelling, as Old Hoss Radbourn often reminds us.
Peter Shimm said:
The Nats will sign Jose Reyes as a shortstop ending their leadoff futilty.
Chris Boutourline said:
Four predictions 1.Pujols to the Angels 2. Posada to the Marlins 3. Ortiz to Baltimore and, the one that would make me very happy, Fielder to Boston.
Kevin Curtin said:
In order of boldness:
Yankees don’t do a damn thing (though they need to replace AJ)
Big Papi stays in Boston.
Prince Fielder heads to the Cubs.
And, what the heck, Francona to the O’s.
Matt Wax-Krell said:
1. Jose Reyes signs with the Marlins
2. Pujols re-signs with Cardinals
3. Sox hire Dale Sveum as manager and Gene Lamont as bench coach.
4. Sox re-sign Ortiz to 2 year deal.
Ted Goodwin said:
The Nationals will win 95 games in 2012.
Nick Nyhart said:
Papelbon goes to the Phi… Oops.
Sevum is Sox manager.
Ortiz signs with Sox for two years.
Sox keep Wake on board at least going into spring training.
Bold prediction: Sox surprise us all by winning signing rights to Yu Darvish.
A Rod will start dating Kim Kardashian- helping her over her recently failed marriage (sad), and fueling his love for drama.
Unemployed NBA stars will purchase the LA Dodgers.
Pujols signs the biggest contract in baseball history.
David Price said:
1. Big Papi retires from baseball due to the continued pressures associated with the constant decline in Red Sox fortunes. Boston to remain bottom of the Al East throughout the entire season.
2. Robinson Cano to hit a record number of Home Runs by the All Star Break then reconsiders future in baseball due to Biggest Loser Personal Trainer offer.
3. Bald Vinny to run for Mayor of New York.
4. The YYYYYYYYYAAAAAANNNNNKKKKKEEEEEESSSSS!!! Win the World Series for a 28th time (no joke there Sox Fans!).
Chris Eacho said:
Orioles win the rights for and sign Yu Darvish. They then sign CJ Wilson and Prince Fielder. Brian Roberts recovers from concussion syndrome and returns to form. The Orioles dominate the AL East thus beginning the decline of the Evil Empire and the Sux.
Monica Rober said:
1) Ortiz stays in Boston
2) Francona becomes a commentator for ESPN instead of managing.
3) The Red Sox lose their captain and do not sign Jason Varitek again.
Ted Goodwin said:
The Nationals will sign C.J. Wilson.
A current major leaguer will come out of the closet.